We make choices every day that affects the environment and the future of the earth. The Earth’s ecosystem keeps humans, animals and all creatures alive every day. The beauty of nature not only enhances the appearance of the world, but it keeps animals from going extinct and the atmosphere from fading. Living sustainably means that you can support yourself and your surroundings, considering three core elements: environmental protection, social development and economic development.
Protecting the environment is the main component in living a sustainable life. It includes minimizing the negative effects on the environment and creating positive impacts that can benefit nature. Social Development entails educating the public on the benefits of living sustainably. Economic development is the only way sustainability can succeed, since it implements long-term action.
There are many benefits to living a sustainable life, like saving money, simplifying, reducing waste, and eliminating chemicals in your home.’
How to Live Sustainable:
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Recycle: recycling can reduce the amount of trash sent to landfills and reduce the environmental impacts. You can also reuse plastic bottles.
- Turn off the water: to reduce the amount of water used, make sure turn off the sink when brushing your teeth or install efficient water heads.
- Bring your own shopping bags: Many grocery stores, like whole foods market, sells reusable shopping bags. They don’t rip or tear like plastic shopping bags and they are easy to carry with you when you go grocery shopping or to the farmers market.
- Grow your own food: I have trouble growing my own veggies, but I always try. If you can’t do it like me, go shopping at your local farmers market or help out at a community garden.
- Save energy at home: turn off your lights or thermostat. This can help reduce wasted energy.
- Use natural products: try to buy natural, or eco-friendly products that are non toxic.